2016 was a great year for our organization. Here are some highlights:
- At the beginning of the year, we formally became our own student group
- Awarded the Husky Innovation Award by the Center for Student Involvement during the Student Life Awards
- Increased the number of donation bin locations and the collection period – this resulted in 25% more donations!
- First year we held a pre-sale Silent Auction for hot ticket items
- Had over 2,000 students attend the sale
- First year we took over @NortheasternU snapchat
- Featured in Huntington News, and NUTV
- First year we accepted Husky Dollars at the sale and used an online self-checkout app (developed by T2T member Camden Phalen)
- First year of The Husky Closet Initiative – new program at Northeastern, sponsored by the Career Development Office, John. D. O’Bryant African-American Institute, Social Justice Resource Center, and Trash2Treasure
It’s barely 2017 but we already have another first! First year doing a winter collection/sale.
Do you want to get involved and make a positive impact? Contact us via Facebook or email (NUTrash2Treasure@gmail.com)